Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Creative Starvation

Has this ever happened to you? You are listening to your favorite number or sipping coffee while seeing tiny droplets of rains painting the canvas of your glass window and suddenly a solution of the problem which you’ve been mulling over since long, pops into your brain from nowhere. You keep on thinking why this did not come in my mind before. Such rare moments of brilliance actually come from the eternal creative world which can only be tied in ropes of imaginations and innovations.

Creative starvation or the transition from autism to artism, as I would like to put has been slow but deeply heartening and satisfying. I don’t about others but when I am alone, actually I am not. In this phase of solitude, I am surrounded with n number of thoughts, emotions and ideas. Sometimes, I am so deeply intrigued on a subject, I feel like bursting. That’s when I start to channelize my energy into creative things. I write poems, humorous or thought-provoking one-liners, chalk out new rhythm beats or any new tune, think about innovative badminton strokes (Had I thought about in my playing days…… anyways better late than never).. The satisfaction which I get from these things can’t be expressed in words. The deep-thought process helps me in appeasing my creative hunger.


Well, that was me. But different people have different takes on inventiveness or creativity. Creativity is like an uncontrolled horse which has all the daredevilry or audacity in the world to turn things upside down and seeing things above all normal social, political and physical norms. Those who are creative at heart will certainly be honest, emotional and all the love in the world even to forgive their worst enemies (if given a chance)…












Creativity is not something which you can only associate with non main stream fields like advertising, poems, music and more. But using creativity in main-stream society can change boring things in the next happening stuff.

Possibly, without any problem, I can cast off this consciousness of knowing both an artist as well as an autist.

5 comments:

Very nice article...People think solitude to be a situation of being alone but only few realize that it's the time we spend with ourselves. It's the best time to discover our hidden skills.

"artism" ummmmm new word, fresh from the oven...I like it..may be, we start using it from now....

mridul

nice read but i can't agree with the line 'Those who are creative at heart will certainly be honest'

Creativity and honesty has very less in common. Even scamsters or con artists come up with new creative scams to dupe people.

your blog post is very informative and i got some great idea here how can i blog post so thanks for this nice post.
-----------------------
best dating sites

Guess some people don't understand that solitude has nothing to do with living apart from others. It is about never having to live apart from ones' self. And, absolutely that's when you really start to think on your own. Well written and good read. :-)

Post a Comment