Thursday, April 26, 2012

Me and My Biking Craze

The desire for riding motor bikes started right after I learned to ride bicycle in Class VII. When, this desire turned into interest and from interest to passion, even I don’t know. All I know that passion for biking did not develop overnight.

I rode a Bajaj Chetak scooter when I was in Class 10th. I was absolutely thrilled by the step-by-step process of kicking- pressing clutch to change gears and pump the accelerator. The short 5 minute scooter trip in the market is indeed a life-cherishing experience. Like the First golden Touch, First kiss, I’ll also never forget my first bike trip.

As I grew up, I badly wanted to have my own bike. But, thanks to my father’s strict nature, I never gathered courage to say him to buy me a bike. So, I started teaching tuitions right after passing class 10th. I saved all the money and in June, 05 I had enough money to buy a second-hand but just three months Royal Enfield. The sound of bike coupled with its macho look made me feel happy from deep inside.

For me, biking was never about high speeds, tashanbazi or reckless road acts. I bike because I just love it. The sweet slap of air on face, air-tight hold of my girlfriend, the roaring sound, the adrenaline rush at high speeds, the feel of aimless long road cruise and the list of heavenly experience will keep going on. If anyone says to express my feelings about biking in words, I won’t be able to do justice to it.

Just press ignition button, press clutch, change gears and head out to rove on the road….

Written for “The Castrol Power1 Blogging Contest” 
For cool information on biking visit www.facebook.com/CastrolBiking

1 comments:

I always knew boyz are crazy about bikes and I can imagine the ecstasy of earning a bike than buying it. "Hard work never goes waste", you must have definitely thought the same on getting the air-tight hug :)

Post a Comment