Wednesday, April 18, 2012

THE GOD OF PERFORMERS- MICHAEL JACKSON

I am writing this blog purely with a sense of impulse and not with any thought process. It is something straight from heart…

Just few minutes back at my work station I felt a bit stressed due to work pressure. So, while working, I hopped into YouTube to see videos of the God of Performers- Michael Jackson. I watched Beat It video from Thriller Album and the same song video of MJ’s Munich Show. 

The original video is one of my all time favorites but for the first time I saw about nine minutes long live performance of Beat it which stormed the audience in Munich. As I saw this video, I could clearly sense an adrenaline rush inside me. I saw girls and boys both young and old screaming, crying and singing with MJ. The guitaring in the performance coupled with a riot-like scene on the stage really gave me goose bumps. I am still thrilled and adrenalined as I am writing this. The connect of Performer God with his audience is something that I can’t explain in words. In fact. I feel that words will diminish the real emotions which I am feeling right now.

I also saw the They don't care about us video which was dubbed as Highly Controversial. As the music reached my ears, I could literally feel the angst, hatred and a sense of discrimination.   

I still remember I was studying in British Council library on June 25, 2009 and suddenly I thought about listening to MJ. I downloaded few of his songs in my cell phone and started listening to it. Trust me, I did not even think about him in last five years before that day. When I reached home, I heard the news of his death. My elder brother told me in a joking manner, “May Be, he’s died because you started listening him again.” My brother knew how crazy I was for MJ in my childhood. I myself don’t know how I stopped thinking about MJ for such a long time and his name struck my mind only on his death day.

But reality is that deep down inside, I find myself guilty. I often think that had I not listened to him on that day, he would have been alive even today….
AnywayS MJ was, is and always will be THE PERFORMANCE GOD FOR ME….


0 comments:

Post a Comment